Design is the process of conceptualizing visuals and implementing it for a specific purpose. Web designing, in a similar way, refers to the art of making a website appealing in terms of aesthetics, layout & content. It is the process of thinking, drafting, building and maintaining the –
- Structure – Balance & consistency of a website should be preserved.
- Text Styles/Fonts – Same/Multiple Fonts, Line spacing, Alignment etc. should be efficient and effective.
- Colour – it should represent the Brand of the organisation.
- Graphics – Logos, Images and Videos should be placed appropriately. Visual Effects are easy to consume.
- Content- It should be relevant and useful.
There are different ways of Smart Film web designing. Some designers write the code themselves using HTML /CSS/JAVA codes while others use editors which present a layout and the software generates the code for them. Another way is to use Content Management Systems available which provide a website template and can be installed with a single click.
Types of Web Designing –
There are mainly 2 types of website designs
1.) Adaptive Designing – It is the type of designing which adapts itself according to the device of the user. It automatically detects whether the user is on mobile or desktop and customizes the screen size in accordance.
2.) Responsive Designing – In this type of designing the website changes dynamically at every screen size as opposed to common screen sizes in Adaptive Designing.
User Friendliness – It is important part of the web designing process and not a step in the process. It contains different elements
- UX/UI – It refers to the visual attractiveness of a website. Thinking by the perception of the use helps in achieving a good user experience.
- Loading Time – User in this age is impatient, so it is of prime importance to maintain a fast website to keep the user engaged with the website.
- Navigation & Sitemap – The Smart Film Malaysia user should be able to easily navigate through the webpages and should be able to find they’re looking for. Don’t make them think.
- Call to Action – A website should be actionable. Good and meaningful actions must be made available.
- Mobile Friendly – Acc. to a report, more than 10 billion devices shared 35quintillion of data each month in 2019. Hence, it is vital to make a website mobile friendly.
- Compatibility – The website should be compatible to all web browsers such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari etc.
- Content Formatting – The matter and the flow of information should be organised. Categories should be created using subheadings, paragraphs and bullets properly.
Web Designing Trends –
It’s a fast evolving space & it is necessary to be updated with the latest trends in the web designing world.
- Image Backgrounds – A good quality and relevant picture can be used as a background of the webpage.
- Flat Design – It refers to keeping the site clean, simple and updated with the latest keywords (SEO).
- Single Page Website – Users like to have the infographics in short spaces. The data should be informative and eye catching but not text heavy and boring.
It’s not difficult to make a website; what’s difficult is to make a good website. The starting point could be to look at other great websites. They can impart a great learning experience.…